Issued 15 July 2021 to Challenge Strata Management clients:
The Queensland Government announced today that South East Queensland will have their restrictions extended for 7 days. The extended restrictions only apply to:
- Moreton Bay
- Sunshine Coast
- Gold Coast
- Lockyer Valley
- Scenic Rim
Townsville and Magnetic Island will have their restrictions eased as planned as of 6am on Friday 16 July.
Impacted Areas (South East Queensland)
For clients in impacted parts of South East Queensland (Brisbane, Logan, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley and Scenic Rim), restrictions on masks and capacities will be extended:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor settings outside of your home, except when eating or drinking or undertaking vigorous exercise, or in your private vehicle. Masks are required outdoors unless you are alone or with members of your household, including on common property. You must carry a face mask with you at all times, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- Private gatherings: 30 people maximum including residents, visitors and children. The body corporate must encourage physical distancing to the extent reasonably practical. Gathering is not defined as transiting common property.
- All indoor settings: 1 person per 4 square metres. Smaller venues (200 square metres) can operate with 1 person per 2 square metres up to 50 people.
- Outdoor settings: 1 person per 2 square metres.
- You must be seated when eating or drinking and Strata Community Association (Qld) recommends this be applied to common property.
Rest of Queensland
As of 6am Friday 16 July, Townsville and Magnetic Island will be under the same restrictions as the rest of Queensland as per the requirements below:
- Indoor restrictions: 1 person per 2 square metres
- Private gatherings: limited to a maximum of 100 people
If you have been in South East Queensland since 1am Tuesday 29 June you must carry a mask and wear it whenever you are outside the house (excluding vigorous exercise or when eating and drinking).
Strata Community Association (Qld) has created template signage for committees to publish on common property; one for impacted areas of Queensland and the other for the remainder of Queensland.
Should you have any difficulty in accessing the posters, please contact your Challenge Community Manager. Full restrictions can be found on the Queensland Health website.
On behalf of the team at Challenge Strata Management, we thank you for your support and compliance in keeping residents safe.